MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY !

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Rishikesh - I am that

I am now in Rishikesh, another central spot in my trip. I would have liked to stay here for two or three weeks, but I don't have so much time left, so I'll have to learn a maximum within a few days only. Fortunately, I found a very good ashram among all those who have been created here. The guru is very simple, considering himself as nothing more than a teacher of spiritual science, he is almost proud to say that he doesn't have and will never have lots of adepts and that other local people from Rishikesh don't like him. Today he told a story which I liked very much.

It's about a yogi monk living in a cave in the forest. A lady comes to visit him and they talk together. After a while, as they come out o f the cave, the lady asks him : "Don't you feel lonely in this remote place, far from other humans?" He replies : "When I am with somebody else, I feel alone. Whenever I am on my own, I never feel lonely." Although sightly disappointed by this answer, she tells him that she has been very pleased to meet him and that if he wants to come to London, where she lives, she will show him around. Here the monk smiles gently and tells her : "Thank you madam, but I am London."

No comments: