MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY !

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Bodhgaya

Bodhgaya is the most amazing place I have ever been so far. It is the place where the Buddha is supposed to have been enlightened. Most people coming here are asian buddhists, half of them being monks, so the atmosphere is very different from other touristic places. Local people don't try too much to cheat me, which is very relaxing. And above all, they forbid the access to the center of the village to all vehicules, which creates a calm I never found anywhere else, since it's almost totally free of the deafening and annoying noise of the horns. My camera broke down when was in Chitrakoot. I put inside of it L6 cells, which look exactly like LR6 cells, and I'm afraid it spoiled a part of the system. So the upcoming pictures are not mine.


Mahabodhi temple



Inside Mahabodhi temple. The exact place of the enlightment is just behind the left monk. We don't see it. Entering this room, one can feel a very strong psychic energy. I could stay there sitting for days.



Behind the temple, the tree whose ancester whose the one under which the buddha was enlightened. Also a place of very strong power.



Diversity of people in the streets





I am currently working as a volunteer in a camp where local people (the state of Bihar is the poorest in India) who can't afford any medication come to get surgery to treat cataract. Last year, in one month, they operated more than 20 000 people. I will work there until the first of December.

No comments: